What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy Drosera Pics

Here are some pics of my pygmy sundews. Should have a pic of D. lasiantha in flower in a few days.

Pygmy Pics

Very Nice dodec!
I hope mine look that nice.
smile.gif

Awesome!
Are they getting real sunlight or artficial? If artificial what and how much are you using-how close are the plants to the light?

Those are just spectacular! So beautiful! You've done a great job Dodecatheon.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Very very nice and how cute are they!!!
I have a question, where does D. lasiantha originate from geographically? Does it grow similarly to D. scorpiodes - on a "stalk" of old lobes?

Keep up the good work

John

So cute I want to pinch their cheeks!
biggrin.gif

D. lasiantha is an Australian species (all pygmies except U. pymaea are endemic to Australia). It's known from a few locations in and around within and just outside Porongurup National Park, north of Albany.

Lowrie considers it closely related to scorpiodes, and it does seem to grow in a similar manner, although it quite a bit smaller.

But several of my pymies grow like that. Even D. roseana, which looks like a regular rossette forming sundew has grown quite tall over the last few years, and some of the stalk have branched so that two rossettes are at the top of a single stem.

beautifull pygmies!
wink.gif

specially D.scorpioides
smile.gif

Back