What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purpoh's Nepenthes

• Thread starter Purpoh
  • Start date
Hi! It's about time I started one of these, although I am quite a novice to Nepenthes in comparison to almost everyone here :)

This is the first Nepenthes I've ever kept alive. It is still moderately sized, but it grows like a weed!

N. campanulata x burbidgeae by viper8stuff, on Flickr

Here is a no ID nepenthes. Any help on finding it would be great!

Nepenthes by viper8stuff, on Flickr

Nepenthes by viper8stuff, on Flickr

This guy has awesome colors in person.

N. boschiana x spectabilis by viper8stuff, on Flickr

N. boschiana x spectabilis by viper8stuff, on Flickr

And my favorite, although he's a little guy

N. vogelii by viper8stuff, on Flickr

Thanks for looking! I'll keep updating whenever they grow some bigger pitchers

That is a very nice vogelii.

Thanks! This is one of my most exciting plants. I hope it grows those uppers fast, although the larger lowers are just as nice.

I agree that Vogelii looks great. Seems like we got ours from the same source.

Your unknown plant looks to be spathulata x campanulata, it has a beautiful shape to the pitchers!

Going to 2nd what mikefallen13 said on the NOID; that's definitely campy shape and the coloration suggests the common green and purple spathulata.

I believe we are past due for more photos, unfortunately of much lower quality this time around.
e86af525bb1122f4fc11bb0c8e07af3d.jpg

Above is good ‘ol vogelii making progressively larger pitchers

514acb6b847eb930f32fc7bb50819e7a.jpg

Here’s veitchii ‘murud stripe’ x bario squat’ with its first ever wide peristome pitcher. It came out of nowhere, the last pitcher lip was as thin as can be. It sadly had a deformed lid that broke off.

b59f9da4ba49fc8589cd79175c755529.jpg

Finally is a seed grown ampullaria that was kindly given to me by scatterpants.

Nice set of photos. The peristome on the veitchii is really nice. Very wide and well toothed. The next pitcher should be impressive.

Back