What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purperea flower?

My S. purperea is flowering for the second time, the first time it flowered I cut the flower stalk off when it was about 3 inches long. This time I decided to let it grow, should I just let the flower stalk die off? Or should I cut it off at a certain time? The flower is kinda HUGE, the stalk is really long
smile.gif

You can leave it, and it should be fine. But if you dont want seeds, I would recommend cutting it off once the petals fall off, that way it saves the plant the energy it takes to make seeds.

Enjoy it!

Cole
smile.gif

Sarracenia do not drain themselves of energy much when they flower, unlike the Venus Flytraps. My blooming plants pitcher the same rate as the ones that don't bloom, with Venus Flytrap, trap growth rate slows significantly or even stops.

Yah, 'cause vft are bad insect ketchers while pitchers eat like hundreds per trap, lol. No, I'm not dissing vfts, remember, I'm a vft person
smile.gif

Back