What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purp hybrid with light windows?

I was just thinking about a plant I am trying to breed. Is there any sarras that look like a purp and have light windows like a leucophylla?
23emu.gif

like straight up purp? cant recall, but not impossible. will take many introgressed crosses between both leucophylla and purpurea, but mostly purpurea.

If one seeks light windows, why not add minor to the mix?

like straight up purp? cant recall, but not impossible. will take many introgressed crosses between both leucophylla and purpurea, but mostly purpurea.
Was thinking that!

Last summer I crossed a S. 'Umlauftiana' with a purp that looked like this:
images

So far I am still wating for the seed to grow.

I was just thinking about a plant I am trying to breed. Is there any sarras that look like a purp and have light windows like a leucophylla?
I saw them for sale at the ICPS 2012 show. Not as dramatic a color change "windows" as a regular Leuco,
but definately there!
I don't think I have any pics of the ones I saw, but I will give my stuff a lookie.
(Don't remember who it was that had them either.)
Perhaps someone else saw them & remembers?
:water:

S. x mitchelliana x purpurea have small amounts of light windows in them.
These are the crosses I was thinking of making are:

This year
S. X excellens x (X mitchelliana x purpurea) and more S. 'Umlauftiana' x purpurea

and when they are mature I will cross both together.

Any more thoughts?:scratch:

Back