What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pure water

• Thread starter Mee
  • Start date
M

Mee

can anyone tell me if
i can use my refrigerator water b/c my refrigerator has a filter.
thanks

Well, not really. Most refrigerator ice filters are only fiber for particulates and activated carbon for chlorine and other gas removal. So the bad stuff as far as CP is concerned are usually still there.

Very rough analogy:

Gasoline with dust floating in it, is still gasoline after you filter the dust out of it.

The water that comes out of my fridges' H2o despenser has only 100ppm TDS. I consider that pretty pure.
You should just buy a TDS meter from your local Hydroponics store. I should also add that I have a Carbon block filter and a sediment Pre filter (not in that order) on my main as it enters my house. My city also has naturally soft water.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Khai @ April 11 2003,2:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The water that comes out of my fridges' H2o despenser has only 100ppm TDS. I consider that pretty pure.
You should just buy a TDS meter from your local Hydroponics store. I should also add that I have a Carbon block filter and a sediment Pre filter (not in that order) on my main as it enters my house. My city also has naturally soft water.
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
100 ppm seems alot to me. My water is around 5-15 ppm...
confused.gif

I would say no... some of those filters also have sodiums in the filters for taste. best to avoid.

Back