What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchased an RO unit

Well I set the system up and fired it up last night... all was well when I saw the 1st and 2nd canisters fill, but when the water got to canister #3, it started spraying everywhere. It turns out that a plastic nut that connects the two canisters together is cracked, so the water was seeping out. I know things like this happen, but I was not too thrilled about it. I called them today and they are going to mail me a couple of those parts. I'll post my final impressions of the system once I get it up and running.

hi all, I'm also looking to take the plunge into getting an RO unit. How is this particular unit working out for you so far?

From another reefer here, I've always used airwaterice.com for units. For a little over $250 you can get a 150gpd RO/DI with flush, shutoff, inline TDS meter, etc., etc.

For alternatives to RO/DI, you guys might want to look at Kold Ster-il units. They're 100% product, 0% waste units. For 100% (virtual) purity, tack a DI to the end (also 100% product). Best yet, though, the Kold Ster-il unit is an on-demand unit capable of putting out 4gpm, so excellent for straight watering, bucket filling for reef top offs, etc. The unit is a bit pricey at ~$325, and the carts are ~$70 to replace. BUT, they only need replacement every 150,000 gallons or so (depending on source).

Back