What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punks not dead!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Here's the Pushead statue completed and painted! Only took me a week (7 nights) on my nights off from work over about 2 weeks to sculpt and paint. Maybe 4-6 hours each night.

pus10.jpg

pus15.jpg

pus13.jpg

shirt detail
pus11.jpg

skull/hair detail
pus12.jpg

skintones/layers
pus14.jpg

You can see the whole painting process here:
http://www.toyriot.com/pushead.htm

Any C & C is welcome!

Dang...that is awesome!~

Ok get a mold of that made and start selling them pronto. You truly have magical talent there. I wish I were half as good as you.

OMG!You have a major gift!That is awesome!Keep up the great work!*Niki*(Trapper7)

Looking good... so you actually DO paint some of your stuff eventually
smile_m_32.gif

One thing that struck me though, is there gonna be some classic silkscreen logo on the shirt?? and are you going to do any other work bringing the shrit back "up" detail-wise??? it might be better in person, but the colour suggests you could get away with a bit of "weathering" to make the insane amount of detail (on the back especially, as I noted on the unpainted pics) stand out a bit again.....
Looks really slick though Bro!!!

Thanks folks!

Yeah, I'm thinking of which logo to put on the tee shirt, I was at first going to use the Exploited logo (painted all cracked and stretched like our shirts really are) but then I found out that The Exploited used this image all those years ago without permission! So then I was thinking of doing the Pushead signature logo on the shirt. Still undecided.

I did weather the shirt with a drybrush of Hammered Iron to give it a muddy green/brown highlight but it looks like I'll have to do a little more work! I'll admit I only did one stage of work on the shirt... and you caught me!
smile_h_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

I got to see Exploited several times in local clubs here. The best was the "secret" show that was only disclosed by word of mouth. It was close up and intimate. It was a lot of fun.
smile.gif

Excellent work as always. You have quite a talent not to mention a real drive to commit to your work.

Back