What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propogating d.intermedia

Hi all! Following the advice I gathered from this forum, I put the leaf of a D.intermedia on a peat/soil mixture and laid it in water for up to 2 weeks now. When I checked, there were green bits (not much bigger than say, a pinhead) appearing out the leaf where the red tentacles branch out... is that the beginning of a new plant?

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

How long more I the plant becomes full grown? It looks awfully small at the moment
smile.gif
Must I do anything with it?

Also, the leaf seems to be losing contact with the soil... is it advisable to push it down against the soil?

Be patient and let it grow. It wouldn't hurt to nestle it a little bit closer to the soil, or possibly get a little moss directly beneath. Rule of thumb, if it looks good, leave it alone :)

Thanks Tamlin... one question tho... will the new plant root itself into the soil? It's quite fascinating how these leaf cuttings work
smile.gif

Back