What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of Abuse by our troops in Iraq!!

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
No because saying and doing are two different things but I seriously think that you have some deep seeded issues that you should work out. I don't gather this from that statement alone and I don't mean to overstep any bounds or play Freud but from a pattern that you exhibit of this macho tough "I don't care, I'm mean and I don't need anyone" kind of attitude it's worrisome, especially in the society we live in today. Not to imply that I think you'd ever kill anyone like that, because I don't.

As always if that is offensive let me know if I overstepped my boundaries. Just some thoughts. Then again you did ask :)

Aaaanyway's, innocent until proven guilty because there is always a chance, small or not, that they could be innocent. If we treat them as they treat others (the radicals/terrorists) then we aren't any better than them. A soldier is a representative of all of us to the people in the ME and should act as such.

So I hear arguing on the internet is a worthwhile venture.

So I hear arguing on the internet is a worthwhile venture.

lol. It may not be worthwhile or productive, but it certainly is fun and entertaining.

xvart.

Aww gee thanks. Lol maybe I've already killed someone. I really don't care and over there, if you turn your back on someone you might get a knife in it. So on that note if I felt like I or any of my people were in danger something would happen. Same thing here. I will gut you if you try to harm my family or anyone I like enough.

Lol, you weren't talking about protecting yourself but rather just going ballistic for no reason. Anyway it's not cool to joke about killing/have already killed people.

....very good poem Rattler.

Rattler- I am well aware that Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world. Bangledesh and Pakistan are the next two highest Muslim populations. In fact the Middle East only accounts for ~20% of the worlds Muslims. Thailand in comparison has a very small muslim population only about 5% or so of their population. But your right I know nothing of Islam. Also conflicts among the people in a country, such as Indonesia's or Thailand's problems still do not demonstrate that "they hate our way of life and want to destroy us" because of who we are. Many countries regardless of religion have used violence to try to change their political situation. How long did Catholics and Protestants kill each other in Northern Ireland trying to change their political situation. Oh wait I forgot only Muslims use violence in the name of god or this is how many people choose to see the world.

JMurphy - Your attitude is the problem. If you go around acting that way the reaction to your actions is going to be increased violence. I firmly believe that violence begets violence and nothing more. If you kill indiscrimately they will respond in the same fashion and then you will respond ect. Understanding and dialog are the solutions not ever increasing violence.

I guess we have a problem that won't be changing anytime soon then.

Yes, indeed there is a problem. We've seen it in progress for a few years now.

Escalation is just that: an increasing response to violence that will eventually climax. We can only hope that said climax has no particular BOOM associated with it.

Back