What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem!

Hey guys here's the problem. I order a plant from Tom @dangerousPlants.com, the plant i placed an order for was a Nepenthes Jac whitch cost me 100$ Tom took my order over the phone right before the end of Dec. and i still wait for this plant, lasted i herd from him was about a week ago and still no sign of the plant. I was told by him it would be shipped last Monday so i waited and no package came thats when i started leaving him messages on his phone and he has'nt return a single one. I dont know what to do at this point what do you guys think?

Electric Carnivores

I don't know that company at all so I can't offer any advice about the way they work BUT I would not ship a plant at this time of year no matter what someone paid me because the weather around here is pretty drastic temperature wise below 0*F every night and not more than 10-15*F in the daytime. I don't know where you are or where that dude is but perhaps he's simply waiting for a warm spell? Then again, there's always a lag in the mail before & after the holidays which is bad news for plants no matter the time of year but especially in these winter months.

Did you have him insure the package? At least if it was lost or died in transit you could be reimbursed with the postal insurance.

Sorry I can't give you more than my sympathy, it'd be a shame to loose an N. jacquelinae!
smile_h_32.gif

I wouldnt worry yet..
it hasnt been that long.
"the end of December" was only 10 days ago..
and it says on their website:

When will my plants be shipped?
* Schedule permiting, the start of the week after we get payment.

when did they actually get payment in hand?
and yeah, shipping this kind of plant this time of year is a really bad idea!
smile_h_32.gif

even from Virgina to Southern California..
it could run through some cold spots..
I would have waited until April at least..
but! I bet it will still arrive and arrive fine..
at least its probably being shipped along a "southern route"..hopefully.
its still too soon to panic..

Scot

Ill have to agree with everybody else its deffinately not the right time of year to be buying and plants. Especially when you are investing a $100 into the plant. Be ready to baby the heck outta that plant when you get it since itll probably be in shock from the dramatic temp change comming from a nice warm green house into the freezing winter weather. Hopefully the reason it hasnt shown yet is because he is holding off till it warms up a bit.
Be patient Im sure it will get there
smile.gif

I'd be patient.  He could be out of town or sick or something.  He has a pretty good reputation.  Definitely not someone who would stiff you on a plant.

Hope you are well and had a good holiday season.  
smile.gif

Tom wouldn't swindle you out of money, I've dealt with him once before, I'd say he's holding off on the shipping.

Back