What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preserving bird eggs

Hey,

Well, one of the eggs hatched! His name is Puffo. The guy hatched about 2 weeks ago, and now he already lookes like a big fluffy ball! Hes shedding his down feathers and growing in flight feathers. The other egg was infertile, but it looks pretty cool. How can I preserve it? Is there some kind of clear goop to coat on the egg?

Pickle it?
rock.gif
lol somehow I'm not sure I think thats a good idea
tounge.gif

Hard-boiled!
wow.gif
Or maybe not...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ May 19 2004,3:20)]Hard-boiled!
wow.gif
  Or maybe not...
biggrin.gif
Noah tried that once... you dont wanna know what happened!
wow.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Also, this isnt for 12 months... I wanna know how those people preserve thsoe eggs from back in the 1920s!

Well you should be able to do it like this. Not good enough? Then Google it. Hope that helps.

CongradsZZ! As often as i have tried, iv never sucsessfully incubated a egg (usually left the incubating part up to my birds). Whats your method? Please tell me!

Hows the bird? what kind is it? what are you feeding it?

The bird is fine... My meathod for incubating eggs is simple; A box in a box, the large one one inch larger in deepness and length. Newspaper in-between them, and the inside lined with foil. There is chicken wire suspended one inch off the bottom, also wrapped in foil. and lots of fiberous tape!
tounge.gif
(its insulating) Thats really all i can say, I'm not good at describing things, but ill get a pic when i can
smile.gif

Back