What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potting clumps of vfts

I received several divisions of VFTs today, some large plants and some small. The smaller types were broken into several tiny divisions. I had nowhere near the amount of pots I would need if I planted them separate so I planted each group in and individual pot. However, some tiny plants were so dense it was difficult to plant individually so I clumped the roots together and planted them as a whole (I even had to chop off some leaves on a few). Is this OK to do or would they survive better if each division was potted individually. I'm not necessarily looking for record breaking traps right now but simply getting them accustomed to their new environment and showing signs of new growth.

Clumps of plants will be fine.They will just grow and divide by their selves.I have a big plant that has about 15-20 divisions growing from it,I'll find out for sure this winter!

Jerry

The plants have already been divided so I was basically taking 5 or 6 separate plants and repotting them with the roots clumped together. However if it's the same as you mention I should be OK. I'm just a bit worried about root rot. Any thoughts on skipping dormancy and trying for new growth over the winter months? I kind of regret buying these so close to the end of the growing season.

Take a sleeping pill. Relax. Breathe. OK? You worry too much. Water them, leave them alone, let'em grow.

Best advice yet...

-gently sits down and gazes out window-

Back