What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pots, fans, and lights

looking for any extra pots and light fixtures people have. mainly looking for 4" pots, and the fixures the lights go in, but anything helps. not sure if i have adequate things to trade but pm me if you maybe have anything to help get this CP garden up and moving. oh i dont mean large fans, i mean terrarium size fans. thanks!

HardrockerCP

You know pots, lights and fixtures are not that expensive. They are readily available in local hardware stores or nurseries. Some nurseries even give away pots for free. In addition everything else you can order on other sites VERY CHEAP.

http://www.htgsupply.com/Category-Fluorescent-Grow-Lights.asp

this place has everything you need, its where I get my lights
I got the 2 bulb 4ft t5 HO fixture
each bulb is 54 watts, gives extremely good coloration to your plants,
they also have fans, reflective sheet, humidifiers , reverse osmosis setups.... they have everything
hope you find what you need, gl!

t5 fixtures are a bit pricey esp at garden/hydro shops. htg supply sells t5 setups at best prices i've seen anywhere. good call ras :)

i like the led spot ligh for $29

are you being sarcastic or do you actually like them? I have been curious as to how well they would grow plants.

Or if you are a beginner you could get T8 2 light fixture for 17$ in lowes and lamps for um.. 7? Add nice reflector to them and you are good to go.
BTW when people mention wattage in lamps it is not an indication of their power. Rather an indication of how much they consume. Lumens is what matter!!

just one of those things.... buy a cheap one now and possibly replace it in a month or so for a better one or spend 15-30 more and get the one you'll want to end up with in the long run.

to add to the lumen note, lumens/watt is a great rate to calculate an know. most bang for the buck on electric bill :)

if money is not a problem your probably best off with a t5 ho or a 125 watt cfl but watch out for the heat they produce they can cook your plants or even start a fire if you are not careful
led and metal halide are for people with a lot of experience that need a lot of light

just one of those things.... buy a cheap one now and possibly replace it in a month or so for a better one or spend 15-30 more and get the one you'll want to end up with in the long run.

to add to the lumen note, lumens/watt is a great rate to calculate an know. most bang for the buck on electric bill :)

True about the quality. Unfortunately the price difference between 4' T8 and 4' T5 is still rather large. Well it is up to the OP.

great deal, really is only bout 20-30 bucks more. includes bulbs--->http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG-Supply-4-Foot-2-Lamp-High-Output-T5-Fixture.asp

10,000 lumens roughly double the output of T12 and t8 2 bulb fixtures plus t5s are the most efficient flouro light available.

cheaper per bulb than the 4 foot 4 bulb they have. id just get one of these and get more of em when/if needed in future.

at least now you educated OP, now the choice is all yours

Back