What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post some raffs

Hey just wanna share some of my raff pitchers :)

DSC08748.jpg

Pink raff :)
DSC08879.jpg

Squat raff
DSC08821.jpg

DSC08819.jpg

And some seedlings
DSC08822.jpg

Post yours too :)

I love raff's! But alas, I have none.

I do find it curious on the seedlings that the pitchers are growing almost right off the end of the leaf, I've never seen that before in any of my other nepenthes.

Well its time to get some then :) For nep seedlings they don't really have tendrills so the pitchers come right after the leaf....As they mature they have the tendrill

5647028038_4d1b4f92b9_z.jpg
:awesome:

I do find it curious on the seedlings that the pitchers are growing almost right off the end of the leaf, I've never seen that before in any of my other nepenthes.

Thats normal for nep seedlings

Here si mine, not very big, but I'm quite proud of it! Grows in highland and low humidity

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

I LOVE raffs. They're one of my favorite nepenthes. (probably because they're the only ones I've had that have done well for me...)

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the pics.

Hi,

I love raffs too.

Some years ago I started some giant forms from seed, so now I have a bunch of them.

raffKasongan1.jpg
raffKasongan2

raffKasongan3
raffKasongan4

These are my biggest specimens from "Kasongan", However, they are still quite small. The pitchers are between 5-6 inches.

raffKatingan.jpg
raffChukai.jpg

To the left a youngster from Katingan that I hope will look nice when it gets some size, and then the only variety I have from outside Borneo - Chukai (Malaysian Peninsula). Still young, so I´ll have to wait to see what will become of them.

raffBako.jpg

Finally, a tc clone from "Bako" that I have had many years, but it is has been very slow-growing for me. If I hadn't liked the pitcher shape and color, and the hint of a winged tendril, I would have gotten rid of it long time ago.

I also have some seedlings from a var. alata, and hopefully some of them will get this trait.

Regards,

Christer

Here is my BE-99
IMG_1673.jpg

Another raff
IMG_0526.jpg

Great raffs everyone :) Would really like to grow more raffs...Just so many variety...

Christerb, I was at Chukai too...Saw some raffs there..This is one of them
DSC08386.jpg

Here is my N. rafflesiana. I ordered it from Extreme Plants two years ago. The most recent pitcher is about 12cm high.
raffi2011.png

When the pitcher gets older its peristome turns black/dark brown.

raffi20112.png

Bwt, it looked like this when I got it :blush::

raffi2009.png

Rafflesiana is my favorite plant from my collection. Unfortunately I had to move it out of the terrarium since it was too big :( Im scared that it will wither in my room with no light compared to terrariums lights and humidity.

Im a lurker in this forum since I envy all of your plants!

kentosaur,

That upper was very colorful, a real beauty for sure! Must have been nice seeing it in the wild.

duzu,

Nice tricolor pitcher on that one. Drastic difference in the two years, it seem is has grown well for you during this time. I will probably have this problem soon too, hopefully they will be able to take the transition from the terrarium to outside.

Regards,

Christer

Last edited:
Anyone with BE-88 ?
I'd love to know what mine will look like after 2 years :D

Back