What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portable swamp cooler?

Heli

villosaholic
Hey guys, I have been trying to figure out cheap cost effective way to cool my setup better for the summer and found this, http://www.google.com/m/products/ca...=X&ei=P6CLT7KGI8js0gHmgpG8CQ&ved=0CFEQ8wIwAQ#

Do you think it would be effective in bringing my temps down into the 60s at night? I know you need to have low humidity for it to be effective, my humidity is around 50-60 most of the time, would this work?

Turned on my 1100CFM swamp cooler today after filling the ten gallon tank with two gallons of water for the first time and the air was saturated in ten minutes, from like 35% humidity to nearly 100%... Didn't cool as well as I would like, but that was with the door closed. Maybe you want to invest in a tiny AC and a humidifier to work together.

Do small ACs use as much energy as regular ones? I could easily use a regular one to cool my setup but it uses a lot of energy.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Also, I am cooling a 10 gallon tank not a greenhouse so maybe it would be more effective at cooling.

Also, I am cooling a 10 gallon tank not a greenhouse so maybe it would be more effective at cooling.

Oh, haha, then yeah. I thought you were heating a whole grow rack.

I was told that humidifiers do the same thing, they cool the air by evaporation. That could solve your cooling problem and provide a saturated nighttime that ultrahighlanders would like.

Yea I have a humidifier right now. It it doesn't bring the temps down enough. So do you think a swamp cooler would work to bring down the temps at least ten degrees?

Back