What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor thing!

This morning I woke up and dragged myself down to my windowsill.Something horrible met my eye in one of my VFT's traps - a fly that looked like a mini DLL (Daddy Long Legs) had it's head poking out of a trap. IT WAS STILL ALIVE
alien.gif

wow.gif
 It was horrible - It was struggling and trying to get out! After a long thought I grapped it's head gently and pulled.......................It came out in one piece - PHEW
smile.gif
.I then let it out in my garden! Then I thought, 'What if the trap had started digesting it - What if it was seeping digesting fluids STILL (even if the fly was gone) I didn't know what would happen. Anyway that afternoon the trap had opened - WOW
smile.gif
 I was so pleased!

Also I just bought a new mini plastic greenhouse - YAY!

So what d'ya think!!!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (newbie-flycatcher @ May 07 2003,6:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you shouldve poked it back in![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Nah... you did the right thing. It even made me feel better.
smile.gif

Hi Lil Flytrap Boy,

Glad to see you got some more CP's. That single VFT always sounded so lonely.
rolleyes.gif

Bobby

Back