What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plz help! save my sarr

hello im very vorried about my sarr, ive been having it for about 4 months already but now, suddenly its leaves are drying very quicklyalmost all of the develop pitchers are drying only the new not yet fully formed pitchers are still green...ive tried repotting it but i dont think it helped...what should i do?

How did the root system look when you repotted?

(the Sarracenia forum is not working right atm)
Tony

My. S. minor "okee giant' just did this as well. The roots are fine. It must just be the plants' look during dormancy. I thought I was loosing the plant but the roots are fine. I am suspecting it is going dormant early. Whatever it wants to do I'm letting it.
smile.gif

the roots were brown i think, what does root rot look like?

i live in singapore so theres no winter means no dormancy right?oh and i can still "check" the roots if you want me to cuz the sarr old pot shape is still there

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wezx @ Aug. 29 2003,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i live in singapore so theres no winter means no dormancy right?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

wrong...Sarracenia still require dormancy, regardless of where you live..

its the same as any other plant..
if you live in the Amazon rainforest and buy a cactus, you cant expect it to live outside year round!
if you live in Alaska, you wont have much luck keeping your tropical nepenthes outside in January.
if you live in Singapore, you cant leave your Sarracenia outside in the warm winter!
wink.gif

in all 3 exapmles, the "new" climate the plant has been moved to is FAR different than its native climate..so the owner of the plant must artifically create a proper environment..
nepenthes must be brought inside in Alaska during the winter so they stay warm..
Sarracenia must be brought inside (fridge) during the winter in Singapore so they stay cold!
biggrin.gif

any plant must be given its *native* conditions, regardless of where in the world it finds itself..

wezx, sounds like you will probably have to use the "refrigrator method"..

Scot

Back