What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pleased to meet you

Hello CP community

My name is Marc, I'm 40 years old, and I live in Pietermatizburg, South Africa.
I am a Magistrate (or lower court judge in USA terms) and have been collecting CP for many years now. Unfortunately, collecting CP in South Africa, is a little like operating from one of the more remote planets in our solar system! Plants are difficult to source locally (except perhaps for our local Drosera). Obtaining live plants from overseas is also a rather depressing business, as they take two or three weeks to arrive, having passed onto the "happy bog in the sky" the week before! Then there is our exchange rate : imagine paying $20-00 plus postage for each packet of seed ordered!
Not to mention all the: "will post only to addresses within the US" messages posted on various fora, just to put the cherry on top!

Enough wailing and gnashing of teeth.... hopefully you guys out there can come to my rescue. Right off the bat: any takers out there for some seed of D. indica? Would like to exchange same for seed\gemmae of Drosera, let me know what you've got to exchange.

Best wishes

Marc

Welcome to the forums! just wondering(hope this is the right place) is D. Pauciflora in South Africa? its the one that has fast moving tentacles
Alex

Pm'd you

Welcome to TerraForums! I know that through my ePermit, I can receive seeds from you, but the reverse may not legaly be true.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Hello Marc and welcome!

I can understand your frustration. Shipping abroad is a difficulty for everyone. Although its harder for those in CP-poor countries who don't have a lot of "local" access.

You can try the Trade Forum although of course I have to say to "keep it legal."
smile_l_32.gif

Back