What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help id this plant

Some pings appeared sometime ago in the pot of one of my D. capensis 'all green', now they are going to bloom. I have no idea of what it is. It could be P. primuliflora, P. lutea or P. pumila.

Please let me know what you experts think.

P_unknown1.jpg

I think it is P. primuliflora
you will know for sure when the flower opens

Jeremiah

Looks more like P. lusitanica.

My vote, out of the three options, is for Pinguicula pumila.

Thanks for your thoughts. I see it is not that easy to id this plant without a flower, so let's wait til it blooms

Let me guess you got that from home depot! I was just there and there was one that looked like that
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UtricSeb @ May 31 2003,7:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some pings appeared sometime ago in the pot of one of my D. capensis 'all green', now they are going to bloom. I have no idea of what it is. It could be P. primuliflora, P. lutea or P. pumila.

Please let me know what you experts think.

P_unknown1.jpg
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
definately not P. primuliflora, you would see the white in the flower, and not P. lutea either, cause you'd see yellow in the flower, so my guess is Pinguicula pumila
smile.gif

-Spec

Back