What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting

Hi, have my vft's (3) in 1 pot and am going to put them into a terrarium. i wanted to plant a little further apart though. i need to know what the requirements are for soil. and when you say wut they need (like 30% and 70%) do u mean like 30% of the weight or the material
tounge.gif
THANKS!

not sure what ppl are planting their VFT's in but The savage garden says a 50/50 sand and peat mix will work. i dont have any VFT's and since i dont have a good source for good silica sand i usually crush up some perilite instead and thats worked for me so far for sundews and such. and as to your question on the percents its usually by volume. as in 30% sand and 70% peat would be 3 cups of sand and 7 cups of peat. this is much easier than wieghting everything plus then you would have to take wet versus dry wieght into concideration. hope this helps.

Rattler

Back