What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant update

• Thread starter Darcie
  • Start date
D. capensis "Typical": 1.5 cm tall

D. capensis "Alba": 1.5 cm tall

N. ventricosa "Red" (Little Gulp): Wow, it's getting big, as tall as my hand is long.  It hasn't started making upper pitures yet, but I want a second basil shoot.  Should I clip off the top 3 leaves or not?  Savage garden says not untill it makes it's own new basil shoot.  Any tips guys?

N. sanguinea:  My new baby.  I promissed myself I wouldn't get any more plants this year after I got the sarr grab bag, but when the local gardens called and said they had new plants, I had to look.  With only a single and beautiful sanguinea cutting for sale, I had to get it.  It adapted well to my house and is about to open a new piture
biggrin.gif
 It's parent plant is on display at the gardens and is a monster of a plant with foot long traps
smile.gif
 My cutting is only a little stub, but already it's pitchers are as long as my index finger.

VFTS:
"Typica" (Snapper):  About the same as usual, small, very very small.

"Typical" (Green):  Still messed up, but less so then a few weeks ago.  Who knows, maybe it will look like a plant some day.

"Typical" (Big Red): Beautiful, healthy, nice compact rosset with big traps.  If it stays this way another year, I'm officially moving it to "Typica" status.

"Aki Ryu" (Little Red): Just started making spring/summer leaves.  STUPID PLANT!  Oh well, I guess I'll have to give it artificial lighting this winter (was dorment when I got if from PFT last november and stayed that way untill just now)

Various Sarr:  Hey, they are starting to swell their pitchers.  Maybe now I can tell what they are.

Northern Purple: Wow, big baby!  It's got 7 mini traps and is a happy little fellow, too bad the other one died (although it always looked weeker)

P. Moranesis: OMG it went dorment
tounge.gif
oh well.

Back