What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant steroids

Can you feed VFT some advance plant growing liquids like miricle grow or some fertilizer type tyhings to make them grow super fast? or what?

Hey sherkborg,

Fertilizers will kill your plant! The root system cannot handle that kind of thing.

Some people HAVE ( me included ) sprayed MIRACID on the leaves ( not the soil ). I have not seen any type of improvement from that.

The thing that will get your plant to grow faster is:

1) bugs ( it is the 'natural fertilizer' )
2) time
smile.gif

3) love
smile.gif

4) patient
smile.gif

Venus Flytraps are slow growing plants. If you feed it bugs, please do so in moderation. Remember bugs=fertilizer!!

Too much and you can harm the plant!

It is best to let the plant do its thing and it will become larger.

Fertilizers can be used, but at about ¼ or less of their usual concentration.  They should only be applied to the leaves.  Most people don't use them as it's too easy to use too much or have it build up over time and kill the VFT.  Some people use Superthrive with good results, but I haven't noticed any improvement with my plants. It is used per the instructions on the bottle.  Since it does contain vitamin B1 it can help your plants roots recover from transplant shock.

The best thing to do is give it lots of light, keep it watered, and feed it the occasional bug or let it catch it's own outside.

edited @ 7:17 9-7-02
Dangit jaie, that does it! I'm takeing a speed typing course!! j/k
wink.gif

You know I only do it to frustrate you!
wink.gif

I see where you are posting and come on in and.....

j/k
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif