What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant names

• Thread starter Hybrid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Hi everyone! Newbie here  
smile.gif
. I've been lurking around the boards for a while, gathering information here and there and finally got my own vft.

Right now I've got it in a dish with some water and hopefully tomorrow it will get some sun. But that's not the topic of my post.

What I want to know is, do you name your plants? And if you do, what are the names? Doesn't have to be vfts, any CP will do! Pictures are nice too!  
tounge.gif

I'm thinking of naming mine De Milo, after the famous sculpture of Venus.

Hi Hybrid, you lurker you

Thanks for coming in out of the shadows and welcome to the forums.
smile.gif

I'm glad you got your first VFT. Now...you will be hooked! hahahaha! It becomes a terrible addiction...anyone will tell you.
smile.gif

I don't really name my plants, but...I do have one I now call "Larry Marston". hehe
biggrin.gif

I have so many plants I could never keep with names. Hard enough to keep track of the real names. De Milo is a great name though.

Stick around...and have fun.

Suzanne

My first VFT (now dead these past 15 years) was named Beast.

I have a P. sethos named Patrick.
smile.gif

My first and only VFT at the moment is called..........wait for it............................SNAPPY!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 Funny HUH?
wink.gif

Typical Flytrap, grown by me for 4 years, Rossett only grower, Maturity: Just reached this spring, size 'mini' 5in diameter, Coloring: Aveage peach, Name: Snapper

Typical Flytrap, grown by me 6 months, extra large summer phase, ultra small winter phase, wimpy weird and a pain in the rear, Maturity: Had clipped staulk when I got it, size, 5in per leaf in summer 1in per leaf in winter, Coloring: below average, Name: Green

Typical Flytrap, grown by me 6 months, no sign of variable growth, small rosset with large traps, Maturity: unknown, size 3in diameter with 1in being traps, Coloring: Above average peach, Name: Big Red

'Red Dragon' Flytrap, grown by me 6 months, full growth pattern, leaf sie currently 2-4 inches, Coloring: Forest green-red-purple all over or in spots, light dependent, Maturity: Unknown, Name: Little Red

N. ventricosa 'Red', grown by me 4 months, cutting, hight: 8 in, Traps, bright red. Name: Little Gulp

I've got so many VFTs I could never keep track of their names. But a few of the special ones have names like:

"You know the one with 2 Flower Stalks"
"The Big One"
"The Babies"
"The one that ate the mosquito that bit me"
"The one that ate the horse fly that bit me"
"That one" <pointing>

Not your typical names, but descriptive
biggrin.gif

wow.gif
4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darcie @ April 22 2003,3
wow.gif
4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Typical Flytrap, grown by me for 4 years, Rossett only grower,  Maturity: Just reached this spring, size 'mini' 5in diameter, Coloring: Aveage peach, Name: Snapper[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Copy-Cat
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
  Jus kidding - Don't take it seriously!!!
wink.gif

You people are wierd, naming your plants and such... JK!
biggrin.gif

My ill-fated Venus Fly Trap was named simply "Venus".

But I have a few names for everyone...

Audry II (For the Little Shop of Horrors fans! )
Clap Trap (Cute and simple. )
Doom (Eh... it works? )
Fear-Flower (A rather innocent-but-deadly name. )
Fear-me-not (A spin off "Forget-me-not." )
Feme-Fatale (If you think your plant is a girl!
wink.gif
)
Flower (If you want to poke harmless fun at your plant! )
Ikari (a personal fav of mine, it's japanese for fury. )
Mr. Sinister (for the X-men comic buffs out there! )
Monster Plant (Simple, to the point )
Nightmare Leaf (A simple and catchy fear-bringer. )
Ominous (A simple, fear instilling name. )
Snip-Snap (Pointless, but cute. )
Sniper (Because a fly never know's what's coming! )
Venus (A simple name if you can't think of any good ones. )

That's all I can think of off hand... I'll post more as I come up with them.

My first and only Venus Flytrap is called Mars.
Don't ask me why...
wink.gif

Back