What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitchers are opening!!!!

My two pitchers on my S. flava started opening today. They are just a little over a foot tall. Isn't this a little small? Since I just planted them this spring I figure I may not get realize their full glory. Also my luec has about a 4 inch pitcher that is opening. The other luecs look as though they are going to grow bigger than this before opening. Just wanted to see how I was doing, since this is my first sarracenia experience.
Thanks,
Buckmaster

Mine just started opening this weekend too, a flava, a (rubra x oreophila) x purpurea, and an unidentified hybrid. I'm not that far from you (Missouri) so I would say everything's going fine. A foot tall pitcher is fine, if you just got the plants this year. It's rare to buy a fully mature plant. It takes several years for Sarracenia to reach full size, but if the first pitchers are a foot tall, it can't be too young. You probably will have to wait two more years to get some really tall pitchers.

Back