What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pitcher plant art

We got back from a two week vacation in LA & MS. Our plans got jumbled by the time we hit NOLA and I had to turn in the rental car before we could do a side trip to see actual CPs at the Crosby Arboretum in nearby Picayune, MS (or to go to the Abita Brewery north of Lake Ponchartrain). Allthough we didn't get to a CP site, I saw a cool piece of pitcher plant art by Walter Anderson, a pretty well known artist who had lived in coastal MS.

If you Google Walter Anderson pitcher, you'll turn up other pitcher plant art by him and family members. The one I linked to is at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art in New Orleans and the museum is definitely worth a visit if you're down there, especially as a cool refuge on a muggy July afternoon. I generally am not into landscape paintings, but I was struck by the drawings, paintings and photos of Longleaf Pine savanna and it made me sad to think of how little of what is pictured there still exists.

PitcherPlants-WalterAnderson.jpg

Back