What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month Contest: October 2011

I wish it could have opened all the way, but with only two days left in the month, I figured I'd give it a shot: (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) x (spectabilis x northiana).

cp-oct2011-sxvxsxn001.jpg

cp-oct2011-sxvxsxn002.jpg

cp-oct2011-sxvxsxn003.jpg

Nice late entry Brokken!

Heres my latest and last pitcher update of my N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]
IMG_20111024_173003.jpg

Wowzza Brokken... !

WOWIE ZOWIE BROK! Super tall glass of stripey red elegance. ~Lady in Red plays on the radio~

Beautiful, Brokken.

:cry: got mine from a place in Tennessee a year ago so it's still recovering and not making pitchers :crap:

Thanks Dex and Mass! :)

Thez: Yeah, I got mine during the South Bay Carnivorous Plant show. Within days, all of the pitchers it had wilted away. The plant has changed too. In my care it is putting smaller leaves and this - the first pitcher in my care is bigger than the pitchers it came with. It's interesting to see how morphology changes when the conditions are different. :)

Here's another picture of a slightly more opened pitcher of my (sibuyanensis x ventricosa) x (spectabilis x northiana):

cp-oct2011-sxvxsxn004.jpg

cp-oct2011-sxvxsxn005.jpg

Last edited:
my last update on the pitcher, I actually gave the incorrect name before, it's n. veitchii 'pink' NOT n. 'cemerlang', sorry for the error.

6296055727_0b360aa40e_b.jpg

my last update on the pitcher, I actually gave the incorrect name before, it's n. veitchii 'pink' NOT n. 'cemerlang', sorry for the error.

6296055727_0b360aa40e_b.jpg

Lovely plant. One of my faves this month. :)

veitchii 'Pink'.. ? I've had a pretty big one and never saw a single stripe. That beauty looks like veitchii K or veitchii HL to me. Gorgeous either way Rob..

veitchii 'Pink'.. ? I've had a pretty big one and never saw a single stripe. That beauty looks like veitchii K or veitchii HL to me. Gorgeous either way Rob..

Ya my buddy who I got it from had a ton of Cemerlang and these Veitchii Pink. when I was at his place yesterday he was like " I saw your pics of the cemerlang, and I think i gave you a veitchii pink instead by accident". I too think it looks a lot like a Veitchii K, and I'm happy for that cause my real veitchii K died pretty much right after I got it. Dunno what happened to it, but it just dried up and died. I really want another one, but this will do for now :)

N. veitchii Pink is a single clone. It is capable of making stripes but they are random and frequently not as numerous as the pitcher Rob has posted. Most of the time it's just a stripe or two .. sometimes none. Perhaps there is some cultural thing for why you didn't see any Mass ? I dunno..

I would say without any question Rob's plant is N. veitchii 'pink'

.. Interesting. Thanks for the lesson Tony. I always enjoy learning something new. ;) Yet another reason why I LOVE THIS HOBBY!

POTM October chapter has ended. Thank you to all who participated.

Back