What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula sierra obscura

Hi all:

Does anybody grows Pinguicula "Sierra Obscura" variety??

I look forward to anybody's reply.

Agustin

I think I might, I'll have to check my growlist.

This new undescribed species can be bought in Australia but I wait for 2 years now TRIFFID succeed in multiplicating it. They told me that this is a very hard species to grow and I fera that they tell me soon that this unique source for this plant is over...

Here is a page on this species that could give you ideas for growing it :
Pinguicula from Sierra Obscura

Dear Eric:

I am very keen to find this particular species and I live in Australia. Do you have the exact details on who has this particular plant??. If you mean triffid park, i looked at their webpage and this species is not listed!!.

I appreciate your  help regarding this matter

Agustin

It was sold by TRIFFID PARK in Australia in TC. But despite a wait of 12 months, nothing is ready for dispatch. They told me that the plants are very hard to grow even in TC. I am affraid that they will refund me in automn and stop definitively producing this species.

That will be a great loss as the species is impossible to found in Sierra Obscura without the only help of A.Lau. A. Lau is now in Belize and when he will go back in Mexico, he will prefer staying in familly than going again to this far and impossible reaching country.

Will see.

Hi:

The reason why this plant don't grow in TC, perhaps has to do with specific growth requirements, not obviously met, by the experimenting party!!. pH, lime addition, something must be missing or something must be wrong!!.

It is a real shame, that they can't succeed in growing it this way.

Agustin

Back