What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you get the plant out of that afterwards? or do you just leave it?

Flip:

I don't think the plants need to be removed from the foam rubber when replanting.  That would be too damaging to the root system.  The plants would just be cut away in suitably smaller pieces of foam rubber and then transplanted to a pot with normal growing medium.  

Of course, I am not basing these comments on my personal experience with Pinguicula propagation, but rather on experience with propagating non-CPs via stem cuttings using Oasis cubes (that absorbent foam stuff that florists use to arrange flowers).

Although, if the foam rubber really were providing ideal conditions for root development among Mexican Pinguicula, perhaps the plants transplanted into regular growing mix would refuse to send roots into the surroundind medium and instead restrict root growth to the foam proper?

Corey

Back