What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula laueana

What is the difference between nutrients and vitamins?!
To me, they are all the same thing.

vitamins are helpful and nutriants can be harmfull vitamins help things grow nutriants are food for the plant and any other living things which explains why cps dont need them to grow they eat there nutriants

Vitamin: Any of various relatively complex organic substances that occur naturally in plant and animal tissue and are essential in small amounts for the control of metabolic processes.
   American Heritage Dictionary

Nutrient: any substance that provides essential nourishment for the maintenance of life.
  Oxford Dictionary

In a nutshell:
Nutrient = Food
Vitamine = allows the organism to use the food more efficiently.

WOW SUPERTHRIVE WORKED!!!
I just added 1 drop of superthrive to a cup of water and to my big surprise MY FALLEN PINGUICULA PRODUCED 4 NEW LEAFS THE NEXT MORNING!!! FANTASTIC! UNBELIEVABLE!

i find that extremely hard to believe.

I cant believe it too!!!
smile.gif

Its just awsome! it had been stunned since it fell out from the pot, in fact it was dying, but yesterday i bought a bottle of Superthrive and then i mixed only one drop in a cup of water, i just threw the water slowly to the remaining leaves of my pinguicula and obviously falling to the soil (pure peat) and next morning (today) i almost shout! it has 4 new leafs growing from the center FANTASTIC! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Its true! i have no need to cheat! im sure it was superthrive!

Wow!....*looks for a place to order superthrive* J/K I'm broke, lol Plus...PFT...duh... BTW I'm glad it worked out for ya!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ July 06 2004,1:57)]No, No, NO!!!!! Dont feed, it will make things much worse.
The plant isnt well, and it will have to cope with the fertilizer asswell.
Lots of people kill their plants because they look unwell, because they give them fertilizer, then their plants die.
Pings appreciate a bit of fertilizer. If I had a poorly Ping I would give it a dilute foliar feed. If a plant is unwell, that is the time they need it MOST!

Back