What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula "hans"

Today, I went out to save some cp's from the local gradening center, and I picked up this ping called "hans"... Anybody knows it?? is it hard to grow?? Does it need somekind of special treatment?? I would realy love to know!

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

Hmmm, I do believe that "Hans" was the name given to a plant by a dutch based nursery, I believe it more commonly goes by the name of "Tina".

Hello,
Vertigo is correct. Its common name is "Tina" the plant is a hybrid from P. Zecheri x Agnata. Also called P. "Gina". A mexican ping, it can thrive very well in highland conditions. Flowers are a pale violet with a dark purple mouth and a yellow throat. Mine is 4 1/2 inches in diamiter, and is cabable of getting larger. It is a great plant to have. Good luck,
Kevin

Err, highland conditions???what kind of temperature & Humidity would that be?? exact numbers please??? It's my only ping, so I realy don't want to mess things up...

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

Hello,
General highland conditions are:

Day Time: 75*F -85*F

Night Time: 50*F - 70*F

Humidity: above 60%
---------------------------------------------------------
For the ping:
Light: Bright light for 4-5 hours, or a 16 hour photoperiod, with artificial light.

Watering: Use the tray system, or keep the pot in a saucer with water in it. Refill when it goes dry.
Kevin

Thank you sarracenialuver!!!!!!!!!!

Current temp in windowsil in shadow: C. 24 / F. 75
Current humidity: 68%

Guess it will be alright then!

Greeting & happy growing,

WildFire

Back