What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pinguicula grandiflora

I received a ping grandiflora, and there were about five thin leaves, and there seems to already be a hibernacula formed in the center. What months do you people usually put your grandifloras through dormancy? I read a website that grandiflora's are Irish and temperate so should be put through about 7 months of dormancy, so if mine already has formed the tight rosette of leaves, should I place it in the fridge and already put it through dormancy? There are also little gemmae so I also want to know if i should put these through dormancy too. Thanks.

P.grandiflora is one of the easier to grow temperate pings. When the plant starts to form a hibernacula, then it is time for dormancy(fridge or outdoors in cold areas). The plant does not need a 7 months dormancy, but more like a 4-5 months dormancy. I am not very familiar with temperate pings(as my they are extremely difficult to grow in my climate), so try to find more info on the subject by typing "growing temperate pinguiculas" etc. on a search engine.

The gemmae should be put through dormancy and will start growing in the spring.

I tried looking online but they all varied a little bit so I wanted to make sure here. Thanks for the info!

Back