What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula emarginata

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here's a close-up of a cute little plant in a 2 inch pot. This Mexican species can be in continuous growth and nearly continuously in bloom too and it seems even when not in bloom, to be colorful enough to rival any flower. Below is a photograph of one of my favorite clones of this species.

P_emarginata_A_1.jpg

That is a pretty one. I will be looking more into these guys later. I am getting so addicted to all the CPs

Hey there Joseph,
what color is this one's flower?
Lois

Great plant!
Notice the upturned edges or margins of the leaves. Perhaps the reason for the name--emarginata?
smile_m_32.gif

Peter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (flytraplady5 @ Sep. 12 2006,11:57)]Hey there Joseph,
what color is this one's flower?
Lois
Lois,
I don't know the flower color yet (but soon), I picked this up from California Carnivores when I last visited in November 2005. It is labelled as clone "A". It has its first flower stalk, since I obtained it, developing now. I will definitely see if I can get this clone to produce some hybrids. It looks like it should be an outstanding parent, vigorous, nice leaf color, and from the looks of the flower stalk and bud, probably larger than my other 2 clones of this species. Maybe this clone is a polyploid. Perhaps the mysterious Pinguicula agnata (CSUF) would make a good hybrid partner. Fortunately they are both, presently, at the same stage of blooming.

I have had 2 other clones of this species for quite some time. They have their charm, and are most always in bloom, but they are hardly larger than Pinguicula lusitanica, while this clone is a handsome monster that almost immediately became my favorite clone of this species.

Hey there Joseph,
The clone A as I remember has a darler flower than Clone B.
I gypsies that you brought are flowering like crazy now.
I am going to try some buzzing(hybridizing) tomorrow.
I always say buzzzzz when I pollinate. kinda to imitate a bee.
Jest one of my little perculiarities.LOL

Back