What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula debbertiana

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is a recent photograph of one of my Pinguicula debbertiana, I have dozens, the original plant was received from Eric PARTRAT. Thanks Eric.

Pot: Green plastic, 2 inch (5 cm) cube

Media: 100% granular peat moss with a vertical layer of pumice through the center of the pot.

Water: Year-round, 1/2 - 1 inch (1.2 - 2.5 cm) in plastic tray.

Light: Year-round, 15 hours/day of "cool white" fluorescent lamps.

p_debbertiana_AA1_web.jpg

<span style='color:blue'>What do yours look like and how do you grow them?</span>

ME NO HAVE A PING.deb...deb...ah never mind
biggrin.gif

What color are the leaves of this plant in person? to me they look brown (which is very cool) and what color are the flowers of your plants? Thanks for sharing.

To my eye the flowers are a blueish-violet. The leaf color looks just like this photograph: brownish-copper.

Where on earth do all you ppl get all these rare plants?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Aug. 14 2004,8:47)]To my eye the flowers are a blueish-violet. The leaf color looks just like this photograph: brownish-copper.
It also exist a white form of this species.

I get my rare plants from trades with other CP growers.

call Cook's carnivorous plants. They don't list them, but they offer P.debbertiana. They also offer several rare temperate ping hybrids. I can't grow Temperate pings, though. My conditions are too hot.

you can grow temperates in the ATL, slurm.

I think you can grow temperates in the Winter (late Fall til early Spring) under lights and then put them in the fridge during the Summer. I assume by temperates you mean P. vulgaris, ect.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Sep. 03 2004,10:08)]I think you can grow temperates in the Winter (late Fall til early Spring) under lights and then put them in the fridge during the Summer. I assume by temperates you mean P. vulgaris, ect.

Cheers,

Joe
What do you mean put them in the fridge?! It will be too cold and dry for them in there, they will NEVER go out of dormacy and will probably die! They are best grown outside all year.

Back