What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula debbertiana

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is a photo of a tray of Pinguicula debbertiana plants that have been dry for at least sixteen months. During this time they have gone through several rounds of blooming (lots of dry, spent flower stalks), all without any water. I am going to start watering and feeding this tray, perhaps separate a few plants into their own pots. I include a close-up photo.
P_debbertiana_001sml.JPG
P_debbertiana_003sml.JPG

Never had this one before. What does the flower look like?

jimscott,
I am still sorting the images of my own plants, hopefully I will locate some soon.

Here is a link to this species at BobZ's CP Photo Finder: Bobz's CP Photo Finder - P. debbertiana

I recommend the third link, the first one for "Pinguicula.org".

Last edited:
I killed my pings and you have some that you haven't watered for a year and 4 months still alive. I fell pathetic...

Thanks for the link. Didn't know there was a white flower form.

I killed my pings and you have some that you haven't watered for a year and 4 months still alive. I fell pathetic...

Well, he IS a master at growing pings...

Joseph, your plants never cease to amaze me. They're awfully vigorous!

Just curious....why sixteen months with no water? I know water can be expensive but you could use some rain water. Ohhhh...Arizona...my bad! Just joking...

I had to ask?!...sorry to hear that...nice to have plants that can take care of themselfes.

1 word : incredible

Back