What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pings that will grow

I was wondering,what different types of butterwort will grow in south Ga.?It would be in full sun for 6-8 hours and in the summer have temps of 90f-100f.I was just wondering as I would like to grow some outside with my other plants.

Jerry

Try P. primulaflora, P. planifolia, P. lutea, P. caerulia, P. ionantha, and P. pumila. They can grow outside year round. They like shade with some morning sun. P. planifolia prefers to be partially submerged. All others like to grow in standard CP mix with a dressing of live sphagnum. In south GA, most of these species are native. Growing Mexican Pings for most of the year outside should also work well. Just avoid hibernauculum forming species, they tend to melt in temps over 75f.

Thanks for the information!I'll give them a try.I found out the hard way about the melting ones!

Jerry

Back