What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping sethos

i have a ping sethos and i don't really much about them at all. Can anybody tell me a bit info. about them?  And since winter is coming, i am worry about dormency for them.
confused.gif

P. 'Sethos' is a Mexi-Ping. They like a good open soil (at least 50% perlite preferably more) Your best bet for getting real good information is to check out Eric Partrat's World of Pinguicula website (you can find it with a quick Google search)

thanx a lot pyro

It is p.moranensiss x ehlersi.

Two answers to question (What type of hybrid?):

1 --It is a Mexican Pinguicula hybrid.

2 --It is a very nice, easy, vigorous, and attractive hybrid.

Very few Mexican Pinguicula have a "dormancy". They just have a different growth form. They still keep on growing. Several only bloom from their "winter" leaves, others bloom from both "winter" and "summer" leaves. Some that go "dormant" -- (no visible portion of plant above the soil) often show they are not really "dormant" because they bloom from this form.

I got my plants for Pinguiculaman. Thanks again. I followed his advice and planted them in pure peat moss and they are growing like weeds and flowering like crazy.
biggrin.gif

Back