What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping pictures

These plants flowered the first time for me recently, so I had to take a few pictures.

I grew the pumila from seed last August. The origin of these plants are from the Pasco/Hernando County area, FL.

pumilaflower.jpg

Here's the lutea. It's now sending up its 3rd flower. I'm hand pollinating them, so I hope they produce viable seed
smile_m_32.gif

luteaflower.jpg

-Homer

Nice flowers. I see you have the purple flowered pumila.

Nice job. I too am hoping for a new crop of seed from just pollinated flowers of Pinguicula ionantha, Pinguicula caerulea, and Pinguicula lutea.

Thank you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I see you have the purple flowered pumila.

What other varieties of pumila flowers are there, any ideas? From The Savage Garden, D'amato states he's growing a blue flowered form from Georgia. I sure would like to get one of those!

Which flower colors are most common, rare?

-Homer

Don Schnell in his newly revised, Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada mentions yellow, purple, and white flowered forms of this little Pinguicula.

Very nice,I like the dainty littleness and delicate coloration of the pumila,but the sulfur colored lutea is stunning! Looks much like U.subulata in color.

The rarest form of pumila is the yellow flowered "Bushweillii(spelling?)" form.

Back