What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping leaf cuttigs

Hi all,

I got some ping leaf cuttings in a sealed food container containing vermiculite. They have now produced new plants with some (maybe one - two per plant) roots for each new plant at the base of the leaves.

What shld I do now? Shld I leave up the cover? Humidity here is 90 odd percent. Shld I repot? Thanks for any advice!

I can't say what you should do, but I will mention what I usually do. I propagate Pings this way quite a lot.

What I do is leave them alone as long as they appear to be growing well. I transplant them when they start crowding each other in order to give them more space to get even larger.

Sometimes I leave it on and sometimes I take it off, no real methodology involved, just depends on how anxious I am. I find that with less blocking the plants exposure to strong light they tend to grow faster, yet they require more frequent watering to keep them from getting too dry and possibly expiring from dessication.

Back