What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

hey guys heres some photos of my finished greenhouse, I have only moved a few plants out there to see how they do, if they do good overnight ill move more out
view entering the backyard:
df0420ed.jpg

view goin into the greenhouse very close:
3a7dbfb5.jpg

shelf for everything except sarracenia:
047e81c1.jpg

shelf for sarracnia:
6aedfd63.jpg

only 3 plants currently, I'll see how they do:
d9b2e432.jpg

I gotta give my heater its due for keaping it warm its 6' x 8' polycarbonate, double layer, I want to slowly replace the polycarbonate with glass, f you can see it the first 2 roof panels are glass

Why are you switching to glass? Be much better to have polycarb as its R factor is MUCH higher than glass. Light transmission is very high as well.

yeah I know first of all i think the glass looks better, second of all when im standing under the glass it gets alot hotter thn the poly

Oh, well I hope you have some shading in perspective and a heck of an exhaust fan to move some air, it will be hot in there on a totally sunny day. Even now in NY, my greenhouse tops out at 85F the past couple of sunny days, the lowland grow chamber gets to 95+F and thats in polycarb.

what kinda matirial is that glass like stuff made out of?

Back