What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Feb. 27 2005,4:33)]PDX,
Fantastic Plant!... nice photo of it too.  
Kirk, it's two parts rubra one part psittacina (gilpini x rubra??) natural hybrid where there are no S.minor growing.
-Trent and Michelle
Hi Trent,

Thanks for the comment (and the great plant). I look forward to growing this one.
smile.gif

PDX- Is it normal for developing pitchers to curve back, this seems to happen with alot of my plants, and Im getting a bit worried, will the pitchers be fine, is it just because they are coming out of dormancy?

Kirk, It could be for many reasons. I think it may be because it is coming out of dormancy, but time will tell you best.

thank you sooo much bugweed, I was just getting really worried, my alata 'black' x flava 'red' would send up new pitchers but once they got to about 1" high they would curl back, I hope thats the answer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Feb. 27 2005,5:38)]thank you sooo much bugweed, I was just getting really worried, my alata 'black' x flava 'red' would send up new pitchers but once they got to about 1" high they would curl back, I hope thats the answer
yeap mine does that early on, after the first 3 or 4 you'll get "real" pitchers
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]S. Psittacina "gilpini green"

Sounds like an anthocyanin free psittacina x an anthocyanin free rubra, creating an all green S.x gilpini.

An old photo of a plant originally from the now extinct Yellow River.

niceleuco.jpg

imduff

The only sarr I'm into really is leuco, and those are extremely cool. I haven't seen the v-shape on the lip before. I'll have to look out for yellow river when I shop for a leuco. Very nice.

Imduff,

Great plant! If I'm ever in your part of the country I'd love to see it.

The first is a minor hybrid of mine. All from one pod with significant variation. Without checking the tag I can't recall the origin of the leuco.

minhyb.jpg

nrleuco.jpg

imduff

The minor is superb! The leuco is no slouch either! Imduff, how about putting together a color form display of leuc's since so many sarr growers seem to prefer them. There are so many variances in color forms, I wonder how many pictures you may have.

I'll have to see what I've got on disc, Bugweed. I may have already posted some of the more noteworthy specimens.
imduff

that bottom pic of the leuco is absolutley stunning and has probably jumped into the top 10 in my latest AP Poll of Sarracenia. That being said, to me, it appears their is some S. flava in it, probably a few generations ago. that's my opinion anyway.

Looks like (flava var. rubricorpora x leucophylla) x leucophylla, or something similar. Fantastic!

Aaron and Alvin,

It does seem there is more in the mix than just leuco. I'm not sure which pot has the plant, so I can't check the tag. It might be something that originated from the Yellow River, so it could have flava or gulfensis in it's past. When things start growing, I'll be certain to update it's origin.

imduff

nice photos, supeb leucs, Leucs seem to be my week point, even though I seem to be able to grow any other species
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back