What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imduff,

Do you know the parents in the Green Mutant plant?

Thanks for sharing the photos from Mr. Hummer's bog.

There is an "all green" jonesii x psittacina that John made over 15 years ago. It's been in cultivation here in the US for years. He crossed this hybrid with the "all green" gulfensis to produce the 'Super Green Mutant.'

imduff

Thanks Imduff,

Another one to add to the wish list
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (imduff @ Feb. 18 2005,10:24)]There is an "all green" jonesii x psittacina that John made over 15 years ago. It's been in cultivation here in the US for years. He crossed this hybrid with the "all green" gulfensis to produce the 'Super Green Mutant.'
Is the "Super Green Mutant" the same as the registered cultivar Sarracenia 'Super Green Giant' (J.Hummer)?
The ICPS Database states:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"This [[[Sarracenia psittacina {Michx.}] * [Sarracenia rubra {Walt.} subsp.jonesii {(Wherry) Wherry}]] * [Sarracenia rubra {Walt.} subsp.gulfensis {Schnell}]] is notable because all of its parent plants are anthocyanin-free. The plant is entirely anthocyanin-free, a roust grower, and upright. The hood is convex with a rounded appearance. The pitcher leaves are gently curving, and areolae are present on the rear upper third of the pitcher leaf. Pitcher leaves are 20-30 cm (8-12 inches) or more in height. The flower petals are green."

Yes, it's the same plant. I tried to think of the name when I posted it but, didn't get it quite right.

imduff

I've also got a quick question guys, is it normal for pitchers on some plants to curve back when they are coming out of dormacny? mine are doing that right now

Last years a few choice ones:

P5230037.sized.jpg

Self explanatory!
smile.gif

P5290166.sized.jpg

S. x Judith Hindle - very cool shot!
P6100402.sized.jpg

S. oreophila

Thats just the appetizer Kirk, wait till later spring, some plants I anticipate some awesome displays from. Hopefully one S. flava var. atropurpurea.

oooo yay, I guess Ill give a jumpstart to this baby:
S. H unknown Hybrid from bobZ (My bro scramblled the labels so An ID would be great It looks kinds Like an S. Flava)
Flower bloating up:
th_entry015.jpg

Flower opened:
th_ce536c49.jpg

Not a Sarracenia but a newly aquired H. Nutans:
th_3f87a446.jpg

Pitcher:
th_5a647326.jpg

C. Follicularis Giant, I might need some superthrive for this baby:
th_07581090.jpg

I'll be back later with a whole bunch of unopened pitchers

I'd have to agree with Kirk, those plants look nice, Nep. The oreo and montana are nice specimens too.
imduff

Still pretty early in the season but here's a new plant I got last week. A great natural hybrid that held up well over the winter. I really like the color and form.

yrh205.jpg

yrh2205.jpg

nice looks kinds like 2 parts rubra, one part purpurea, maybe one part minor as well, cool, is it normal for developing pitchers to start curling back?

PDX,
Fantastic Plant!... nice photo of it too.
Kirk, it's two parts rubra one part psittacina (gilpini x rubra??) natural hybrid where there are no S.minor growing.
-Trent and Michelle

S. gilpini is the natural hybrid of S. rubra x psittacina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back