What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture time again?

Been busy busy and the weather has been lousy lousy so just a few pics..

Couple N. jacquelineae.  They are starting to put on some good size and really show their stuff now.
Hard to get a good shot of these guys.. the peristome is extreamly glossy and reflects light like a mirror.  Kinds makes it look funny on the digital camera.  Colors are correct though..

Njac1.jpg

Njac2.jpg

This guy I thought could be kinda neat.. N. (Rokko x hurellii) x spectabilis.  I bought 2 and hopefully they are opposite sex and can make a sib cross.  Might bring out the N. hurellii even more in an F1 generation.
Nhyb.jpg

Stunning! Can we get a picture of the whole jacquelineae plant? If I recall correctly, those are the original seed stock as well, right? My plant's pitchers are probably a little smaller... Photos later.

~LM~

Hi Tony
Great photos there,I think a Jacquelineae x Truncata cross is a
must in the future,what a plant that would be.

Bye for now julian

Great pics Gotta love the N.jacquelineae!

Ooh! I'm liking that very dark N, jacquelineae! Mines just about yellow/pink with 2 cm pitchers

MMMMMMM!!! N. jacquelineae!

Capslock

WOW!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Photos of your plant never fail to impress me!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile.gif

Um, can I please ask a few questions about N.jacquelineae?

1) Is it highland or lowland?
2) Will it suceed on an easy facing winfow(direct sun till 12pm, after that its bright) There is at least a 6oC drop at night.

Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Those N.jacquelineae would make one fancy toilet
biggrin.gif
That hybrid is pretty cool too

1)Highland.
2)I have no clue.

They are very expensive about $75 for a 1 in. diameter plant!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Windowsill is a little sloppy conditions wise. They need a bigger temperature drop to make consistent pitchers. At least from my experiance that is the case... Plus humidity needs to be ~70%, but not with constant mist, more like being out in Devon in the early morning (good comparison, eh Dino?
smile_m_32.gif
) Cool and humid, but not soppy. Fog tends to be ok. Maybe search for jacquelineae in the Nep forum, I know there have been two topics I submitted a lot of information to.
smile.gif

Tony,

Excuse my ignorance, but could you tell me about N. hurellii?
I cannot find the name in the ICPS Database and a Google search produces 2 hits, one to your Web site and one to a Japanese forum.

Hi Bob,

In Charles Clarke Nepenthes of Borneo it is the plant listed as Species B. Whether it is a pure species or N. veitchii x fusca as some suggest or it is a synonym for the ephemerous N. mollis remains to be seen. In any event it looks like N. veitchii with a really long neck on the peristome where the lid is attached.
Tony

Hi BobZ:

As Tony said, N. species B or N. hurelli. The problem is that no one has been able to find the parents for this hybrid if it happens have pedigree parents of fusca and veitchii, respectively.

Many years ago, Exotica plant was selling this plant as N. veitchii from Mt Pagan, but i think they lost the stock.

Tony:

I needed to clean up the keyboard of my computer, i was salivating when i saw your Jacquelinae. I hope i don't get electrocuted. If i do, next time, i'll seek legal compensation from you. ha ha, just kidding.

I wish we can inject the jacquelinaes with steroids so they can grow faster. After all, they are not competing in the olympics!

Gus

When, oh WHEN is my jacq going to look like that?
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Aug. 16 2004,3:53)]Excuse my ignorance, but could you tell me about N. hurellii?
Hi Bob,

I believe the name given at the first description for this plant is N. hurrelliana not N. hurelli.

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....elliana

These plants, even at a small stage, look considerably different from other Nepenthes I know. So even if it is a hybrid, it is a very nice looking one.

N_hurrelliana_140804.jpg

Cheers Joachim

Cheers Joachim

Hi all:

Is this species Number 2, or B?. because i have seen on the malesiana website a hybrid called Fusca X veitchii and i was wondering whether this is the mislabeling for Hurelliana?

Gus

wow that N. jac almost makes want to get into highlanders.... opps did I type tha out loud
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Aug. 16 2004,2:53)]Windowsill is a little sloppy conditions wise. They need a bigger temperature drop to make consistent pitchers. At least from my experiance that is the case... Plus humidity needs to be  ~70%, but not with constant mist, more like being out in Devon in the early morning (good comparison, eh Dino?
smile_m_32.gif
) Cool and humid, but not soppy. Fog tends to be ok. Maybe search for jacquelineae in the Nep forum, I know there have been two topics I submitted a lot of information to.  
smile.gif
Thanks!
smile_m_32.gif
I grow N.maxima and N.venatrata(N.ventricosa x alata) on my windowsill.
smile.gif
And I grow H.heterodoxa x minor on my windowsill, surprisingly, the plant loves my windowsill!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Usually the temperatures drop between 10-15 Celcious(when I said 6oC I meant celcious)
10 Celcious is around 45 Fahrenheit.
smile_m_32.gif
6 Celcious is around 38 Fahrenheit.

Um, mom bought me a hanging pot, the plan is to buy a plant, put it in the hanging pot and hang it on my curtain pole.
smile_m_32.gif

I want to put N.jacqualine in there!!
smile_m_32.gif

Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Here is one of the plant pics as requested. Pot is 4" which makes the plant about 9" diameter.

This is the dark colored one pictured above. The pitcher in the photo is on the lower right and it has just opened a new pitcher on the left. It takes a little while for the pitchers to color up fully.

Njac3.jpg

I believe it's now N. hurrelliana, not N. hurrellii.

Bob, if you look at the gallery section of my website under N. veitchii there a photo of N. hurrelliana mislabeled as N. veitchii.  Here it is:

VEITCH_l1M.JPG

I came across this species in the mid 1980's on the Pagon Ridge between Brunei and Sarawak at about 5,000 to 6,000 ft.   It hadn't yet been officially discovered at that time so I thought it was N. veitchii.  Sure it isn't a hybrid as there is that species all around that mountain ridge but No. N. fusca or true N veitchii.

smile_n_32.gif
 Tony, amazing N. jac!  I know for a fact that your plants were the same size as mine at one time and now yours have pulled well ahead.  Considering I have a nursery at the right lattitude and nearly the right altitude, I've got to take my hat off to you!    Are you still using Osmocote for those, or are you supplementing with crickets?

Back