What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture of Drosera capensis seeds

When my D. capensis first flowered, I had some trouble determining whether or not there were seeds in there. I found some "dust" in one of the dried up flowers, but assumed that couldn't have been seed, so I tossed it. I had trouble, too, finding a picture with a description of the seeds online anywhere to use in deciding whether or not I had seed.

SO. I just collected the seed of one of my flower stalks (anyone want a SASE for D. capensis 'Red' seed? ^.^) and decided I'd take a picture for anyone else having the trouble I did. For anyone to stumble across this:

5219858878_e1c700261f_b.jpg

The seeds are on a piece of graph paper with a 1/10" grid. Yes, the seeds are tiny. Much like dust. Based on their proportion to the 1/10 inch grid, they're about 1/40 of an inch long, or around 3/4 of a millimeter, somewhere in that ballpark.

Seed photos are always appreciated, thanks for sharing and I hope you will post more seed photos of other species!

Back