What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

schloaty

Staff member
amp%20spec.jpg

Speckled ampularia

aristo.jpg

aristolochioides

bical.jpg

bicalcarata

coccinea.jpg

x 'Coccinea'

ephippiata%202.jpg

ephippiata - slightly deformed pitcher, but still very cool

ephippiata.jpg

ephippiata peristome

eymae%20peristome.jpg

eymae peristome (lower)

eymae.jpg

eymae lower

miranda.jpg

x 'Miranda'

spectabilis.jpg

spectabilis - very cool peristome striping!

more:

truncvent%20peristome.jpg

truncata x ventricosa - another very cool peristome

truncvent.jpg

truncata x ventricosa

ventrata.jpg

x'Ventrata'

And for good measure, though not a nep:
pingflower.jpg

P. moranensis? X 'Weser'? Can't remember..... Nice flower, though!

Hey look at the nice Pics! hehe
Looks like they are doing well. That N. truncata x ventricosa is getting big!

T

Aaaah my eyes! Too much beauty all at once.
laugh.gif

Thanks for posting Schloaty.

Tony, it sure is getting big. There are two pitcher on it now (since the crash it took off the deck RIGHT BEFORE THE NECPS SHOW), and I'd say the smaller one is 8" and the larger is 10", give or take (the one pictured above is the larger one, the peristome is the smaller one).

Phyrex, thanks!

Great pictures.

"spectabilis - very cool peristome striping!"
I agree.

Dave, wonderful pics! What conditions is your N. aristolochioides recieving? My plants are in despair and making funky dwarf green pitchers, for some unknown cause.

Great pics!  I'll take one of each.

Looks like your thumb got too close to the fangs of the bicalc.

Very nive pics Dave.. I absolutely love the truncata x ventricosa and the eymae lower. Forgive my ignorance please but do they both grow in the same conditions? If so, what are they? Could either of them survive as a windowsill plant in a west facing window that gets no direct sunlight?

Thanks for sharing the pics
Steve

Awsome pics!  I'm still waiting for my aristolochioides to produce pitchers as big as my thumb.  Your spectabilis also looks quite stunning!

Very nice plants Dave. Love the truncata x ventricosa; looks very different from ours. Enjoyed all those highland plants that we don't get to grow - you are doing a great job with them.

Dustin, the aristo is in fairly typical highland conditions.  Thermastat is set to 60 at night, so it might get down to 57 or 58, but I doubt any lower.  It's really close to the lights.  I have noticed that aristo loves light.  It's in a tank which is, oh, 85% covered (give or take), so the humidity is rather up there....though I never ran into a humidity tempermentalness over the summer while it was growing on the deck railing.  I would say that the most likely culprit for your problem is low light (or, heaven forbid, pests).

Tropics, LMAO!

VFT Guys, I grow the eymae as a highlander (though I've heard rumors it's not tempermental with temperature...those are unconfirmed).  This is the first real pitcher on the plant for me, but then I've only had it since just after the X-mas (not bad for about three weeks, eh?).  It is close to the lights and under high humidity (don't have numbers for that, though, sorry).

The trunxvent I would immagine could take just about anything.  It grew great on my deck railing last spring/summer/fall.  I currently is growing fine in my grow room which I would call intermediate/lowland.  Doesn't seem to care one lick about temps.  Also, it has produced pitchers for me in all but the lowest humidity (these last two were produced within a variable range of 30% to 55% depending on how often I remembered to fill the humidifier).  So, in short, you could grow them together if you gave more thought to the eymae.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
smile.gif

What a source of encouragement everyone is!

Hi David
You sure have some great looking plants there,love the ventra x trunc what a lovely peristome,very nice indeed.
Bye for now julian

Great pics.

The flower of that ping you show looks very much like mine, which was identified on this forum as P. Sethos.
5_G.sized.jpg

Lauderdale, you just may be onto something there!

Dude, your thumb is beautiful!
biggrin.gif

nice show of peristomes - especially the spec

Peter

Nep gracilis, it sounds like your problem could be your night temperatures are too high. Aristo is very sensitive to warm nights, and will produce small, deformed pitchers in my experience during warm weather. If you grow your plants in a terrarium, it's an even bigger issue as aristo loves high lights levels, which is difficult to maintain whilst keeping it cool.

Hamish

Maybe my N. aristolochioides is light deprived.....humm....gotta do some contemplating here. Thanks for the info Dave.

Sydney, I have not noticed that short term high night temps are a problem....maybe over the long term, but mine was fine on the deck last year....From late June through early August it was usually at least in the high 60's, usually 70's at night. I never saw any ill effects....might just have been that two months isn't enough to cause problems....

Hi Hamish, its between 5-8C in the greenhouse at night, and thats still too warm? Wow maybe I should just leave the door open and shut the heat off!
smile_n_32.gif

Back