What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics...

pleurobrighamii5ce.jpg

Pleurothallis brighamii

encyciliapolybulbon18uf.jpg

Encyclia ploybulbon

mislabled4mf.jpg

This beauty was misslabled when I got it.

anthurium7as.jpg

Not an orchid, Anthurium scandens

Chris

they look nice..

Love orchids, just a pain and not enough room to grow, when i win the lotto ill have pleanty of room then.

cheers

not enough room? the Encyclia ploybulbon pictured above is like 3.5 inches tall WITH a flower stalk

Yeah nepenthes_ak There are many orchids you can grow that are really SMALL. Some people setup what they call a orchidarium in the house to grow them. Basicly a tereium but everything is in pots and things. There are some orchids with flowers so small that a dime will dwarf them. Had someone take a picture of one over at orchid source. There are many small Bulbos, some mini Dens plus many other minis you can grow in limited space. Just have to research it. I didn;t like very many minis when I first started, but I acuired some not realizig they were minis and I like them now. I am going to get more, but I am trying to hold off till I get my GH rebuilt. Plus I want to get rid of some of my NoID catleya hybreds.

with acarful selection of species you could make a nice 10-20 species collection in a 10 gal tank. i have a mini Catt hybrid that sits nicely in a ten with tons of room to spare for true mini species. some are small enough to mount on a wine cork and have plenty of room.

Hope those pulybulbons are doing good for you rattler

I have a number orchids that would be concidered mini. The brighamii in the frist pics is growing in a 2"pot, the flower is only 1/4" across. the yellow unkown is mounted on stick, has a 2" leaf span and flowers are about 1/8". The smallest plant I have is a Platystele stenostachya in a 1" pot flowers are about 1/16".

I'll post more pics when I get new batterys for the camera.
Chris

have them in 3 different frog tanks, they are doing fine. blooming on and off.

Back