What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of p.parvifolia in the wild

Hello all Ping fanatics!

If you haven't checked the latest update on Eric Patrat's and Laurent Legendre's web page, please do so:

http://www.pinguicula.org/pages....ino.htm

I really loved the pics of P.parvifolia growing in the wild and even flowering! I never got to see flowers when I was in Mexico, so I'm very envious! ;)

In fact, looking at how narrow the leaves are, I'm wondering if what I found was truly P.parvifolia... Could it have been P.onlongiloba???

I'd love to hear comments from other ping fanatics...

Best Wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia

Great pictures Fernando, Thank you!

This is not Fernando's pictures but a new Mexican contact Enrique Dada's pictures.
smile_n_32.gif

Fernando is having too long Pinguicula 's holydays
smile_m_32.gif
in my own opinion.

Fernando, Any news from Ed. ?

Hey Eric,

I'm glad you have a new contact in Mexico to feed us more juicy pics of Pings in the wild. I just hope he writes articles to go along with those pics! ;)

As for Ed, he's been on Ping holliday as well -- but forced! We're always talking about going back to Mexico or somewhere else to search for more Pings.

While this doesn't happen, we've been focusing on Drosera, Genlisea, & Utrics here in Brazil. He spent 2 weeks with me in July CP hunting in the Chapada Diamantina.

Best Wishes,
Fernando Rivadavia

Beautiful and interesting pics. Its always informative to see habitat photos. Those are some very rolled leaves.

I have a beautiful quartz crystal from Chapada Diamantina. Perhaps while looking for pings you could keep an eye out on the rocks as well.
smile_l_32.gif

Dada...a nice name as well as a fun and interesting genre of art.
smile.gif

Back