What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my sundews & an repot question

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
I dont have a macro lens for my camera, sorry some are not the most fabulous, but here they are!

D. capensis...they were once small little boogers... (01.06.09)
DSC05800.jpg

..and have grown to be a tad bigger and getting sticky! (02.18.09)
dcapensiswpenny021809.jpg

dcapensis2021809.jpg

dcapensis3021809.jpg

D. scorpioides (bad spelling...Ill fix in a minute)
dscorpiodies1010109.jpg

D. [Lake Badgerup]
lakebadgerup9010109.jpg

D. adelae flowers....its now completely outgrown its container...its got sprouts coming out the drainage holes.
dadelaeflower2.jpg

dadelaeflower3.jpg

(before it flowered)
dadelae1010109.jpg

which brings me to my question....when I repot the adelae what should I do with all of the babies its put out of the drainage holes and such? Can I clip them off and root them?

Thanks for looking and for help with my questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
which brings me to my question....when I repot the D. adelae what should I do with all of the babies its put out of the drainage holes and such? Can I clip them off and root them?

Thanks for looking and for help with my questions!
Yes

Go ahead, clip them & repot. The D. adelae flowers shouldn't have produced seed.

I've had babies coming out of my D. adelae little pot for so long they're nearly full-grown now... it's kind of cool.

Anway, nice plants. Seedlings are always cool.

Sounds good, when its done Ill see what i have to repot and root with and well see what happens! :) I dont believe there are seeds...the first half of the flowers are just closed I think.

Adelae are PROLIFIC baby makers! Got to love em!

mmmhm, I so love my adelea! So far I think its my fav of the dews... lots of dew, pretty flowers that dont produce a ton of seed and it surprises me with baby plants on a regular basis :) (and it catches all of the gnats in the grow tank...always good)

It's funny, mine are spreading like mad and sending plantlets up everywhere, yet I can't seem to get one to flower.

But wouldn't condoms cut the Adelae off from light?

Back