What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from my costa rica trip.

Here are some highlights of my Costa Rica trip. First, we went to the Arenal volcano. It's in a rainforest, and when we got there, it was solidly in the clouds. Nevertheless, there were things to do and see. First, on a trip down a river near La Fortuna, we saw the following. We saw a good sized crocodile on the banks as we floated down, but my pics didn't really come out. But, I was able to zoom in on this howler monkey:
Monkey_640x480.sized.jpg

On this float, we stopped on a local farm, and saw, among other things, this Iguana on an old shed:
Iguana_640x480.sized.jpg

Further down, we found some poison dart frogs, which I had to show for the dart frog fans here, although the pic is a bit blurry:
Dartfrog_640x480.sized.jpg

And then, finally, the clouds parted, and the volcano came out. At a particularly opportune time, it went BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!:
Volcano_1_640x480.sized.jpg

Then, after a night of lava flows and booming eruptions, none of which I successfully photographed, we went off to the beach in Tamarindo, for good waves, margaritas and sunsets:
Sunset_1_640x480.sized.jpg

This is just a short sampling. You can't turn around without finding something to take a picture of in Costa Rica. I highly recomend travel there.

Capslock

WOW..  awesome Max..  Im soooo jealous..  Thanks for sharing the pics. I love the volcano shot.. that is beyond cool.

Cheers
Steve

Oh wow.  Someone else is living all my dreams!
sad.gif
wink.gif
I've been obsessed with visiting Costa Rica since my rainforest ecology class.

More!  Must have more pics.

Where are all the selva plant pics?

Incidentally, i've had tamarindo juice (yum), but didn't realize there was a city of that name.

wow.gif
MAX! YOU FOUND DENDROBATUS PUMILIO! YOU KNOW HOW RARE THAT IS?!
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
its like the nepenthes clipeata of dart frogs, lol (in cultivation anyways)

Looks like you had an awesome trip

How did I miss this thread?!

Those are awsome photos Capslock. You must have had a blast. Dart frogs are so cute. And a volcano erupting....wow!

Glad to have you back but I bet you wish you were still sipping margueritas on the beach.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing those.

Back