What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from CA Carnivores

Yes, I'm still alive. Reports of my demise at the hands of p. gigantea have been greatly exaggerated. Here are my pics from a visit to California Carnivores. Peter D'Amato is a cool guy, and even autographed my copy of Savage Garden!

California Carnivores

Michelle,
I have not seen you around in a long time. Glad you stopped in and hope everything is going well for you.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your pics. One of these days I'm gonna hafta visit CA Carnivours. I'll be poorer for it (in the pocket book anyhow) but it looks like it's a lot of fun.

Thanks guys! CA Carnivores is a cool place. I didn't take pictures of everything there since there's so much. It's less than an hour from San Francisco, so if you're over in that city it's just a hop, skip, and jump from the Golden Gate bridge.

I got into an Ed.D (it's like a Ph.D.) program in Ed Psych at the University of California and start at the end of August. So I'm doing a lot of prep for that, since I will have to hold a full time job to be able to pay for most of the tuition. For the next 3 years I'll only be able to drop in from time to time!
smile_n_32.gif

Wowsers! Those are some great pictures!

Great pics... and why must there be SO many shots of that D x "Marston Dragon", darn beautiful plants are gonna give my little green fellows a complex (and thanks for posting these, I am inspired and will find a place outdoors to make my specimens ,ore exciting)

I'm with Carl when it comes to forkleafed sundews! They are magnifiscent plants.

Um... was that a sandersonnii blue in there?

Yep, that's a sandersonnii blue. There aren't any captions, but the files are named.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ May 26 2006,7:09)]Yes, I'm still alive. Reports of my demise at the hands of p. gigantea have been greatly exaggerated. Here are my pics from a visit to California Carnivores. Peter D'Amato is a cool guy, and even autographed my copy of Savage Garden!

California Carnivores
*runs around angerily* WHAT DA HECK!!! I EMAILD THAT GUY HE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE ANY SUN PITCHERS OR AUSTRALIAN PITCHER PLANTS!

he might have not had any for sale

Holy crap, those Purple pitchers are *HUGE*! I wonder if they're from the same stock he sells online, and if so, I can't wait for my purples to grow up.

Mokele

Reg,

CA Carnivores has a number of plants for display from Peter's collection, and some that are for sale. Most of the plants you seen in the pictures are from the collection parts because they were the oldest and most dramatic. Ones that are for sale have a price written on the back of the tag, which you can't see in those pics. I think the some of the vfts in my pics were on sale.

Peter did not have any heliamphora (because I was looking myself) or cephalotus for sale.

He's one of the most reputable dealers around and is the author of Savage Garden so he knows his stuff. If you ever have a question about his plants or stock, feel free to ask him or his staff via email or phone. They're nice folks, and are serious about educating people about the plants.
smile.gif

Very nice photos - thanks for sharing. A visit to CA Carnivores is always a real treat. Peter is such a great guy, and freely shares his vast knowledge of all CPs.

smile_h_32.gif
I wanna live their!

I WANNA LIVE THEIR!

Cheers

Back