What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of my purp purp

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
Pic
purppurp.jpg

peace,
Zero

Looking good. Nice ruffled lids!

Nice, looks very vigorous! I got a couple of purps from lowes last spring...when I got them, they were bright green and they only had a couple of pitchers one of them...One has about 9 pitchers now and it's dark purple...and the other...it got dug up by a squirrel, so I had to repot it...it's doing fine now, but it hasn't produced nearly as many pitchers as the other....purps are definatley my favorite sarr as of now!

-Gabe

the thing I like about purp ssp purp is that I can let them freeze solid in the COLD Maine winter and they come back better each year.
this ones already been down into the teens frozen and has no tissue damage:)

Some of my older purp pitchers are starting to brown...My purps were always catching mosquitos, and I was thrilled when there was a wasp inside one pitcher...it's still being digested lol...

Great looking plant!

I rescued a sickly purp from lowes back in May. This is my first purp, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Stuck it outside, and it did suffer some burn from the sun. I kept the pitchers filled with water, but it still went through a real period of shock, and a few months went by with not even one bug that I could see being caught. But come Sept., it rapidly started filling with ants. Day after day they met their demise, apparently much to this plants pleasure as it really took off! Now it's nearly tripled in pitcher number and has grown from the pale green it was to a nice rosy red. I'm really happy I gave this species a try. Next year I plan I getting a few more!

Back